flower power swaddleTurquoise Ourea
why swaddling is important -
- Swaddling is one of the most important things you can do for your new baby. Swaddling helps babies sleep better and longer.
- Swaddling can prevent startle reflux and can help prevent SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
- It will help your baby stay warm and toasty for the first few days of life until their internal thermostat kicks in.
what makes the snugababe sleep swaddle different -
- While multiple studies have shown the importance of swaddling babies, doing it properly can be a challenge. The norani snugababe sleep swaddle is a patent-pending swaddle with a unique design that helps prevent babies from escaping the traditional swaddle. It will keep your baby cozy, comfortable and safe all night while taking out the guesswork of how to swaddle correctly every time.
- Babies arms are inserted into specialty designed armholes and tightly swaddled. A Velcro attachment helps keep them tightly wrapped, reminding them of the comfort they felt when they were inside their mother’s womb, which in turn helps them sleep longer. Their legs remain in the correct position to help ensure healthy hip development. It’s so effective, it’s doctor recommended!
How to Swaddle Using the snugababe swaddle?
Place baby on their back on top of the swaddle with their head and neck on top of the fold. Gently insert baby’s arms inside arm inserts.
Fold over left side of the swaddle over the baby’s chest and gently tuck it under the baby’s body, creating a cozy fit.
Fold over any excess fabric from the bottom of the swaddle and tuck it under the right shoulder or by the chest. Remember, arms tight, hips loose.
Bring the loose right corner and pull it snuggly, wrapping it behind the baby and secure it to the Velcro towards the left shoulder. Place baby on back to sleep.
What’s the Best Way to Care For My Swaddle?
Your snugababe swaddle will last longer if you care for it by washing it on cold with like colors on gentle cycle. Fasten strips before washing to avoid snagging. Tumble dry low. Do not bleach, iron or dry clean.